The question of whether Donald J. Trump would continue to use his personal Twitter account as president seemed settled in January, when he told The Times of London, “I think I’ll keep it.” He cited his large following, which is currently 1.7 times the size of the official @POTUS account, and his ability to circumvent the press to speak to his supporters.
The First 100 Days: Times reporters are taking a look back at the beginning of the Trump presidency — from the biggest news stories to the most provocative tweets. See all of our coverage here.
As Mr. Trump approaches 100 days in office, we’ve taken stock of how he has used the medium, cataloging his Twitter posts into 10 themes:
• Undermining Obama (15 tweets)
• Raising Alarm (40)
• Pressuring Congress (24)
• Discrediting the Media (41)
• Bullying Foreign Leaders (25)
• Singling Out Companies (12)
• Serving as Spin (101)
• Creating Drama and Excitement (38)
• Promoting the Administration (31)
• Making America Great Again (169)
Read more at The New York Times.